Monday 29 October 2012

The Reality of the Situation Is... Pt. 5


9.
The news reports read like this:
            “Important city official has disappeared. Connected to the case is a ‘Kevin Elrich’, a private detective and freelance journalist. The latter had been hired by Ms. Catherine Connely, the city official and sister of Jessica Turnig. Mrs. Turnig was the recently murdered wife of the mayor. Mr. Elrich had been, according to recent reports been experiencing certain psychological oddities, including speaking to his cat. Shortly after the discovery of Ms. Connely’s body, a short two days after her sister was found murdered in their parents’ home, Mr. Elrich had altogether disappeared. Mr. Elrich was the last person to be seen with Ms. Connely and it is assumed that he is the prime murder suspect.0
            “Kevin Elrich had left and without a trace disappeared. The grisly scene of Catherine’s body being torn in the bottom of the tunnels running snake-like under the city had connected him to the murder case. The case remains unsolved as to how Kevin Elrich disappeared completely from the city without being seen by anyone who witnessed him entering into the tunnels with a violently crying Catherine Connely.”



On a personal note...
So, I -- the author of this -- admit this was nothing as good as I can write. Therefore, I have decided to end it now and pick it up at a time when I have to truly work on this. I came into writing this during an existential crisis and without realizing that I had only a week to work on it and it changed in my mind as I was writing. This will not be the end of Kevin and Sam, this will not be the end of this case, this will not be the end of this story. However, in November I will be writing short stories for post during the week, depending on the time I get to write, Monday and Thursday. Since I have felt like I let everyone down, December to January will be one saga which I have been truly working on for sometime that I've become completely obsessed with; and, since it is a much longer time, I'll feel better with this one.
I apologize for how poorly this one went, but I love Kevin Elrich and Sam the Cat, this won't be the end and I will rework this story. Enjoy and on Halloween, I will have a post for the marking of the only day people get to watch the movies which I love.
Cheers,
T.

No comments:

Post a Comment