Tuesday 23 October 2012

The Reality of the Situation Is... Pt. 4


8.
If there is anything I must admit from this last day, is that I have lost all my dignity. I could not save anything I may have kept from being creepily standing in the back of a dead girls house to being verbally bitchslapped by my cat, so anything I have left is now gone.
            When I heard her voice, I screamed.
            Screamed like those women in the movies that are having babies, or those babies going to their first horror movie. I screamed.
            The next moments are all a blur of embarrassment and humiliation. As I screamed, I fell to the floor and played dead. From my vantage point on the ground, I saw Sam fly and attack someone’s face until a black bag was put on my face.
            I was being dragged like a dead body from my apartment. Hands gripped my limbs and pulled as if it was a perfectly normal thing to see a grown man pulled like a terrorist out of his home on a Thursday morning.
            The ride to wherever we were going took what seemed like forever. The metal floor of whatever I was pushed onto rattled and bruised my ribs as we went. My ribs screamed in pain as the floor played like a xylophone on my body.
            As the ride went longer and longer, I began to think of everything I was missing. Fish tacos on the peer and the beaches of a tropical island. As I thought more and more of the tacos, they grew arms and began carrying cocktails on the sand. Those bastards.
            I began to ruminate how I would end up killing those man-tacos as I was manhandled off the metal floor and down stairs. The pulling at my limbs felt as if they were about to be ripped off. Rough hands and smooth cement stairs began to batter at my roughed up body.
            The smell hit me first. I barely noticed that my hands were being held up by a hook as I smelled the rot of a thousand years of isolation. The mask was taken off my head and I barely recognized the others with their chilling blue eyes all lined up on the wall of the circular room for the thing.
            It was half way cemented into the ground. The amphibious body had elongated arms that were draped over its head. As I stared at it, the face peered through the arms. The large eyes stared at me, the pupil-less eyes, and puffy lips opened to reveal sharp teeth.
            I pulled at the meathook to get down as the grooves in the floor went from it to me. The cold air began to pull at my arms and the Woman’s hand cupped my cheek.
            “Please,” she said as she moved around to stand in front of me, “stop pulling and fighting.”
            Her voice cut straight into my muscles, I was paralyzed by the inhumanness in it.
            “You have the ability to die for something, it won’t be long.”
            I began to think of the Taco-men bastards and how I was about to die for them.
            Bullshit.
            I fought as hard as I could and it felt like it was done in slow motion, the only redeeming thing in my worthless life. I caught her small chin under my foot. She stumbled back and her mouth was full of blood as she screamed at me. That beautiful creature saved my life.
            I closed my eyes and turned as I heard the ripping and tearing from the centre of the room and felt the warm fuzz wrap around me. A small whispery voice came from it.
            “Think of somewhere. Anywhere.”
            So I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment